Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New helmet, Arai Vector 2

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by RussellDP, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Decided that the Aldi helmet really is starting to show the signs of too much use. Been riding daily for about 6 months and its starting to get a bit ordinary, the locking mechanism for the internal sun visor has broken, so i have to lock it either up or down, and one of the lining pieces at the back of the neck has parted ways with the helmet.

Did a lot of online reading of reviews, had a budget around 250 to 300 so was looking at a bell qualifier dlx, a bell revolution and an ls2.

The qualifier was a good fit on my xxl bonce, but had no visor inside, the revolution had the visor but felt all wrong, and the visor was only very lightly tinted, plus im just not sure about flip front helmets, and the ls2 was pretty good, nearly bought that one.

Until I noticed the clearance rack.

Found an Arai Vector 2 in gloss black that had been ordered in for a bloke who never picked it up, perfect fit. No internal visor but my sunnies fit nicely in it as well.

Chucked it on layby, got it for a lottle over the budget, but a bargain at 350.

A few weeks of bar work and its mine
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Now that is what I call a bargain...

3. Love my Vector 2. Good ventilation, I never lock down the visor, fits glasses, you get used to the quirky visor removal and replacement, but it's easy. It is noisier that my old THH, but the lining is way better. Love the way you take out the earpieces and can remove some foam, add speakers. Good bargain for you too. It also means you may not fit in a SHOEI, as the shapes are different.
  4. Bargain with a capital B !!

I bought a Vector just before they brought out the Vector 2. If it's anything like as good as the old Vector, you will love it. I've been riding with my Vector as my commuter lid for over 2 years and occasional use for a couple of years before that, and it is still pretty much like new. Not only does it look like new, but the lining still feels like new. The fit just hasn't changed. It hasn't loosened off at all. I've done 800 km days in it and it has been as comfortable at the end of the day as at the beginning. When it does come time to replace it, I will be looking at another Arai. If I find a price like that I will be a very happy camper. You definitely get what you pay for with Arai, and in your case you got a lot of helmet for the money.