Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New Harley Superbike?

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by MSCRacing, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Sources from Europe are suggesting that this may be a new superbike in development from Cagiva.
    Given the amount of Milwaukee money that would be needed to fund development and production, it's entirely possible that it will be available in orange & black from your local HD dealer.
    Wonder where that leaves Buell?

2. that actually doesnt look half bad as a drawing.
  3. If it happens, don't be suprised if it gets badged as an MV Agusta.
  4. It's not good lookin' enough for that! :LOL:
  5. The current one is 10 years old now. Before Tamburini retired, he had drawn up a few new models.
  6. Cagiva has always been a brand name associated with something really exciting in prototype or concept form, but always seems to leave me cold when it’s actually released – if at all.

It’s like the label a lot of manufacturers (ie: Ducati, Husqvana, Italijet, Harley Davaidson) seem to use on the sort of bikes which are way out there compared to their regular product range, so they badge it ‘Cagiva’, roll it out at some trade shows , then either shelve it or bring out some muted version of the concept with 10yr old tech.

I don’t think I know of a single Cagiva owner who can confidently source parts for their bike.
  7. Harley have their own Superbike. Buell 1125
  8. I don't want one of them.