Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New guy rolling

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by bennny, Feb 17, 2012.

1. G’day people.

My name is Ben, 30yrs old from the Shire in Sydney. I had always entertained the idea of buying a bike for many years. Finally decided to get my L’s mid last year and bought myself a spanking new CBR250R in November. Originally it was something of a toy for the weekends, however when I had worked out that it was a little cheaper to run than a V8 ute, it became my daily ride. I’m totally Loving the experience that two wheels can provide, I always have loved my cars, however I was warned that a bike is no less addictive than a prohibited substance. I have since got my P’s overt the xmas break and cant wait to be able to qualify for something with a little more poke.

In my short couple of months out there on the bike, I can’t believe how friendly bike folk are on and off the road. However I do hope that the more experienced riders out there can cut me some slack whilst I learn of the advantages and tricks of riding in Sydney traffic.

2. g'day Ben, so pleased you've discovered our legal drug :LOL:

You should get over to Homebush on a Sunday and rub shoulders with some very experienced and patient mentors!
  3. welcome to NR Ben.
  4. welcome to the darkside (y)
  5. My girlfriend said she would break up with me if i bought a bike.....

So did she lol

P.S i'm getting that bike too, heard so many good things about it from people that ride it. Ignoring comments from people who don't own one :p
  6. Thanks for the welocome :)

lol yea so i ended up with a new bike and a new girlfriend, win win.

As far as the CRB goes, i love it, but then again its the olny rode bike that i have ridedn, so not much to compare to. But now that both me and the bike have a few km's under the belt, im starting to find out where it comes alive. What sold me was the fact that the CBR is a more modern looking machine when compared to the Ninja, plus i like the EFI factor, its so economical!!! compared to a v8 ute that is. I just wish that they were a little more imaginative with there colour choices.
  7. Welcome to NR. (y)

New bike and new girlfriend?? hehe...
  8. Agreed!