Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New guy looking for a Honda RVF400 (NC35)

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Zee84, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and I just moved to Australia a few months ago. Been riding for a long time and now in search for a (not so expensive) Honda RVF400 (NC35) in the NSW, Sydney area.

I've seen some bikes on BikeSales and a few good looking bikes at Sumoto...what do you guys think?

Cheers!

2. Also, would be nice if anyone could explain how the Blue slip, Green Slip, Rego, Insurance works here in NSW, esp for a 1996 Honda RVF400 (NC35). The procedures seem quite confusing when it comes to buying a bike with or without Rego.

Thanks guys!

3. Welcome to Netrider! There are a couple of RVF400's for sale in the bike sale section of the forum if ya haven't spotted them yet and there are always a few that pop up on ebay and the like. Good luck with the hunt. :)

4. And good luck with the state regulatory authorities! Common sense is far from common.

And welcome to NR - nice to have you here.

5.  Top
  6. Sumoto, isn't that the one to avoid due to their shady habits of putting year of compliance instead of year of manafacture, also building bikes from right offs & selling them as straight second handers???

7. Thanks for all the info guys! And yes I did see the 2 RVF's. They seem decent.

And thanks for the into about Sumoto. I was wondering how and why most of their bikes have done 15,000kms on the clock. I guess I'll stay away from them.

8. Welcome aboard. Lots of info on here about Somoto. Search them out.