Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New guy from the USA

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by guiri, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Hi guys, my name is George and I live in the USA.

I found this forum while doing a search for something and thought I'd chime in once I'm allowed to
    post links.

Ride a V-Strom right now.

Never been to Australia but know some people from there.

2. Welcome George, North Carolina is in the foothills of the Appalachians from my shaky memory of US geography ?? So lots of twisty road riding I would guess. The Strom would give you some off road capability too. Post up a bit about riding in the area.
  3. welcome aboard George :]
  4. Hey George, drop us some commute photos, would love to see if they are as epic as middomiddo 's (another V-strom rider)...
  5. Here's the problem and it's going to make me look like a dumbass but I have ridden very little for several reasons which I CAN go into if you guys really want to but I have very LITTLE experience riding around here.

One of them was that I had no one to ride with, too hot in the summer, had bike problems when I first bought it and bla, bla, bla, yada, yada, yada but the result is, I have very little info to share.

I did go on one ride with two guys and it was awesome. We crossed some creek and rode a dirt road a few miles. It was surreal at some point 'cause we had a whole swarm of butterflies around us.
    It was incredible and at some point, there was a tiny waterfall on the side of the road (on one of the rock walls) and people were standing under it, drinking the water. Very, very cool.

I also had a DRZ400s that was pimped to the teeth that I bought so I could get a bit of exercise but again, no one to ride with and nowhere to really ride around here (yeah, you would
    think that there would be plenty of land but all of it is private and I didn't find anything) so I sold it.

Here's the thing, now that the DRZ is sold and the V-Strom is in the shop, I have found ALL KINDS of people to ride with...REALLY?

Murphy's law and all that...

Reminds me of many years ago when I lived in Spain. I had a 1986 ZX-10 and I wanted to ride around Europe but had no money.

Went back to Spain in 1993 and had some money but NO bike :)

One good thing that came out of having problems with my V though was that one day, I dropped my helmet so many times,
    I went home and figured out if there wasn't a better way to hang your helmet so I invented a little something to fix that.

Nothing bad that doesn't bring something good, right?

6. Here are a couple of pics for ya :)

The bike (and the reason I bought that particular one) was equipped to the teeth. Prolly more in aftermarket stuff than the bike
    itself :)

Anyway, it had Motech Traxx cases on which I didn't like 'cause they were too small for me so I put some big Givi's on there
    so if you're interested in before and after pics so you can see the cases, DO let me know.
    • Like Like x 1