Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New guy from East Gippsland

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by airheadrider, Sep 12, 2015.

1. G'day to all, I was on Google looking for answers and this site had therm.

I'm from Kalimna, just outside Lakes Enrtanec, East Gippsland VIC.
    fairy new to the bike wold (at list riding them) have always loved bikes,
    it been something on the "to do" list for a while.
    Anyway better late then never.

As for the my bike, It's a 1984 BMW R65 650cc. Her name is Bernie (Bernadette)
    I got it as a unseen fixer upper....yes I know, like look at a car at night. :(
    the owner was in the prosiest of turning her into a cafe racer....not that there is anything wrong with that just not my thing.
    I have rebuilt 99% of the her with just some fine tuning left.
    I get out and ride when ever i can, it so much fun.

That is enough for now.
    see you on the road & ride safe.
    • Like Like x 7
  2. welcome aboard :]
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Welcome Airheadrider. A few Gippslanders have joined recently hope you can catch up with some locals.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Welcome to NR..
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Hello and welcome to the forums airheadriderairheadrider. Nice looking girl you've got, lovely name too. Hope to see photos of your adventures from your beautiful part of the world :)
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Welcome Mate,
    I'm another newbie from Gippsland (Morwell), but spend a bit of time in Bairnsdale.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Welcome airheadriderairheadrider, I'm just up the road from you in Swan Reach :)
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Howdy & Welcome to NR!
  9. G'day guys, thanks for the warm welcome. Looking forward to getting to know the local bike community.
  10. Lovely bike. I get my first bike next week. its a Black '85 R65. Looking forward to getting out and riding.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Monoshock nice.... that is the lwb ones.
    Mine R65 is my first bike as well and it does everything I asked of her even going through forest roads lol.

Just get ready to talk to people about it.
    Every time I take her out minimum of two people will come up and start talking to me about her. Not that I mind. It was the same thing when I drove a VW bug, everybody had one or knew of someone who had one lol.

Enjoy it mate you are going to love it.
  12. Mine is actually a 85 dual shock so might be at the tail end of production before the change.

Quite anxious about getting her home from the transport depot next week. Only time I've been riding has been doing my learners.