Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New guy from Brissie.. :D

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by timbo83, Nov 2, 2005.

1. Hi all, just another noob from the sunny(atm) town of Brisbane. Great site, I've already spent a couple of hours trawling the articles and forums for useful info.

In any case, I'm new to the game, still on learners and only had a chance to ride a friends gpx250. After uni exams finish will get over to QRide Morgan & Wacker at Mitchelton.

I have a few questions if anyone would be so kind to help out.

1) Is height an issue on a bike like a vtr250? I was comfortable on the gpx250, but heard that for guys over 6 foot certain bikes could be a bit cramped.

2) In qld does your provisional re licence upgrade automatically after a year or do you need to do another test for an unrestricted bike when you are ready?

Cheers all, thanks in advance to any help on these q's. I've already picked up some very useful info to keep me safe :)
  2. Can't help with any of your questions (not over 6ft and don't live in Queensland) but welcome to the forums anyway.
  3. Gyday timbo83,
    Damn exams, I also feel your pain at the moment!

Anyway, I don't think your height will be an issue. It’s really up to what feels comfortable. Best way to see is to have a sit on one and see if you can imagine sitting in that position for a few hours. If it is a problem, maybe a ZZR would be better suited because it is one of "larger" 250's around.

In regards to the licence question: A motorbike licence is completely separate to your car licence and unlike a car, does not upgrade after a certain amount of time. If you’re interested in riding a bigger bike after 12 months then you'll have to complete the Q-ride course on an open class bike.

Q-ride is an excellent idea and I would strongly recommend that you follow through with that idea. It’s by far the easiest and safest way to get your m/c licence.

Welcome to the forum and hope to see you out on the Brissy streets sometime.
  4. Hi timbo83 , welcome .
  5. Welcome to the best motorcycle forum in the world, peopled by some of the greatest low-lifes in the world!!!!

One of my mates has a ZZR-250 and he's six-foot-three, and it fits him fine...
  6. welcome aboard

stay safe

7. Hi
    Good to see more Brissie people here. There are not nearly enough. Where in Brissie are you from
  8. Hi there mate and welcome!!

:D :D
  9. Thanks people. I live on the northside of Brisbane in Bridgeman Downs. Once I get up and running after doing Q-Ride i'm sure you will see me at a few rides etc.