Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New girl from Campbelltown

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by ninjagirl, Jul 3, 2008.

1. hi everyone,

I started riding earlier this year and im LOVING it! At the moment i'm just riding a postie (..not a REAL bike :grin: ), but am looking to order a ninja 250r (..a REAL bike :LOL: ..) in the next couple of weeks.

Going for my Ps this Sunday, fingers crossed!!

Been reading the forums for a few months now, thought its about time i joined in!

2. welcome..good luck on your test :) cant wait to go for my P's lol

3. Welcome!!

The trusty old postie hey, nothing to be ashamed of..the fact that your on 2 wheels is all that matters :grin:

Goodluck with your P's! theres plenty of tips amongst the new rider section. You should be fine.

4. thanks for the welcome guys!

I love the postie! I recommend it highly as a beginners bike, especially if you have had zero experience with bikes (..like me!!).

But i'm ready to take on something a little bigger and faster, the postie struggles to hit 70 and by the time ive crossed an intersection i have had to make 3 gear changes (..not that gear changes are hard on a postie :grin: )

I've been scouring the forums for tips and been practising, just have to control the nerves!!

5. Welcome Aboard !!!
    :biker:
    Nothin wrong with a postie ... thousands of postal worker can't be wrong eh

6. Welcome to NR ninjagirl :grin:

Good luck with your P's.

7. does the postie bike qualify as a manual bike for your P's test?

8. Welcome to the forums and good luck with your P's test this Sunday. :)

9. Yeah its still considered a manual bike, as you still have to physically shift through the gears. The bike just doesn't have a manual clutch (..which is a good thing for a total newbie :LOL: )

10. yep don't under estate the postie......got a mate and his wife riding them up the cape :shock:

welcome to the crazy 2 wheeled world

11. I saw a new baby Ninja the other day and it must have had the pipe replaced cos OMG my jaw dropped when i heard it. Sounded very nice. I didn't think it was a 250 until I saw the P plate. Wish my Across had a better exhaust now.

The baby Ninja is a nice choice for a new rider. I'm sure you'll like it and will enjoy coming along to some NR rides.

Cheer,
    T

12. Welcome from "new guy from Bendigo". Sounds like a copyright infringement to me. :wink: Enjoy your riding.