Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New Gear for getting back on the bike

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Enrgkid, May 27, 2013.

1. Hey guys and girls,

I have been in the market for some new riding gear and only have a budget of about $400 for both jacket and pants, I have recently picked up a new set of Gloves and boots, aswell as the all important helmet.

But I have only left my self $400 out of the budget for Jacket and pants, I'm hoping for Leather jacket, and most likely some kevlar jeans.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I have scoured ebay and good old google for "affordable motorbike gear" But have only come up with a few more ebay sellers, any tips?
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. What are they like with their sizings? that's one issue I forgot to mention in op, I'm struggling to find appropriate sizings. Im normally a Medium-Large in clothes so I'm thinking I'll go for large.
  3. Sizing is usually what they say in the description of the item (most anyway) but any time I've had a question about sizing with BGA gear I've emailed them and they have replied. Not sure about return policy regarding non-fit but you could ask them.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. give em a call, thay are really helpful with sizing questions.
    Years ago I gave them a description of my size and height and what I would buy in one of the generic clothing shops (eg Target/for size) and one of the ladies of similar stature tried on the jacket I was looking at and described the fit etc..
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Yea, I've been looking for something nice and black as everything else has excessive blue.
    And the internal pocket could be handy for keeping the vital wallet and phone.
  6. BGW is pretty good bang for buck wise, i got jacket, leather pants and kevlars around 4 years ago, havnt given them the ultimate test... and planning not to
    gradually replacing each bit with some nicer stuff, but its a good starting point.

a friend of mine had a jacket from there, which he thoroughly tested in a variety of low to medium speed offs, the jacket had a couple of scuffs by the end.... and he went off to be a missionary... take what you will out of that story.
    • Like Like x 1