Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New future rider checking in

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by AdamR33, Sep 20, 2007.

1. Hi everyone,

Thought I would join the forums, been lurking as a guest for a week or so. I am in the process of deciding if I will give up the 60min+ public transport work commute that travels 25kms in favour of a bike.

I originally thought a scooter would be an easy option. On saturday I did a pre learner course and wanted to learn on a proper bike rather than a scooter for the hell of it. I took to it like a duck to water, even though it is a pretty controlled and safe enviroment. Had a ball, almost as fun as flying a plane. :grin:

I am booked in to do the remainder of the L's course on sunday and monday night. Fingers crossed.

Afterwards I looked at the scooters and went, "hmm can I really live with one of those after riding a manual motorcycle??"

Anyway there is a wealth of information I need to trawl through here to help me decide on this whole riding thing, so I will leave it at that.

2. Welcome welcome welcome

Hi there AdamR33 :)

Welcome - You have come to the right place.

Good luck with your L's

3. Welcome.....wouldn't happen to have been a part of MCCR would you? ;)
  4. Yes :? , but left it many years ago
  5. you're not really in the right place for unbiased opinions on this subject mate :cool: but my guess is, you wouldn't be here if you wanted to be talked into a scooter :p :wink:
  6. *chuckles* stress less, me too :)

I was the 'brownie' girl ;)
  7. hey, welcome to the site mate! im sure you'll find the bike irresistable compared to a scooter now you've tried it :p good luck with you're course and startin out
  8. Yeah I vaguely remember. I dont remember having any though :)

Yeah I dont think I will be looking at scooters now. I like changing gears too much.

Thanks to all for making a newbie feel welcome, it is nice to feel like I have support in a process that seems very daunting for someone with nfi about bikes :roll:

Did my theory last night. Only 1 question wrong, so tonight I do the practical tests and hopefully have my learners.

9. Don't sweat it mate, you'll be fine. Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride!
  10. nothing could be more motivating than saying farewell to CitySnail (shittyrail for those who get the old trains all the time)

I just did. and crikey it feels good.

welcome to the forum :) enjoy he times ahead
  11. Bah!

I stuffed it. Did the practice and learner test last night.

Did pretty well throughout the night, few areas I could have improved on, and then when doing the final test (2 turns and the emergency brake), I ran a little wide and crossed a yellow line in a right turn. Instant fail :(

Then had to do the ride of shame back to park the bike and the walk of shame out the gate.

I have no excuse really, silly mistake. The other tests were fine no dramas.

Anyway I am booked in for some private tutition and a retest on monday afternoon. Going to get a mate with a bike to give me a few lessons on the weekend as well.