Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New from WA

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Bumble Beemer, Jul 22, 2015.

1. #1 Bumble Beemer, Jul 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
    G'day Netriders.
    I got my licence on a 750 Honda in 1972, but after a serious crash on a sidecar outfit in 1987, I was `persuaded' by my wife and daughter to give up bikes. I kept the promise, but eventually was allowed to ride borrowed machines for reviews in a regular newspaper motoring feature.
    For personal riding, I had a Honda CT110 (yes, a postie bike, but a `big block' 110cc version!).
    Sadly, I lost my wife of 41 years to cancer in January this year and was living like a hermit, until I figured I could break the promise completely now.
    I found a 2002 BMW R1150R with 27k on the clock on Gumtree for $6000, and bought it once my beloved daughter had agreed. When she saw its black on yellow colour scheme she gave it a new name, Bumble Bee. And that was before we knew its number plate started with 1BB!
    Now, at the age of 63, I am back on the road and with the Geraldton branch of Ulysses Club, I'm loving every minute of it!! =D

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hello and welcome to NR Bumble BeemerBumble Beemer . I hope your new bike and riding gives you some much deserved joy. :happy:
  3. Welcome to Netrider BB! ....and welcome back to riding, it sounds like that BMW had your name on it before you even saw it! (y)
  4. Welcome to NR...

Good to have you on board..
  5. G'day and welcome, Bumble BeemerBumble Beemer. Good to know you've found the joy of two wheels again (and a well-named motorcycle too!) after the toughest time.
  6. welcome aboard :]