Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New from QLD

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by hopeless, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Hi forumland. New member here. only a short riding history really but loving it.

My first bike Many years ago (1988) was a CB200 where I got my Learners.
    next up was a DR250 trail bike for a few years
    then no bikes
    last year a 1985 Kawasaki GPz600 to get back into it It did a great job, but I'm too old for sports bikes

This week I just bought a 1986 ( maybe)Yamaha FZX750 sport cruiser. which is a fully imported job.
  2. Welcome to NR!
  3. welcome aboard :] nice bike
  4. Thanks for the welcome!!
    yeah Loving the bike so far. Just researching some summer jackets and gloves now.
  5. Welcome fellow Queenslander
  6. Have we got many Qlders on board?
  7. Well, I'm one. I'm in Brissie - Hamilton. I was up your way yesterday arvo after the rain took a bit of a break. Just ticked over 300km on my new CB500X coming back over the Houghton.
  8. Guess we'll find out come State of Origin time
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Wasn't a bad Day around here for a ride xman. Was cruising around behind Dbay myself.

Well Duke I originate from NSW so that won't help things.

Gotta say though, this is the least interested I have been in All codes of football ever. haven't watched one game of any code yet !!
  10. Can't say I disagree on that score Hopeless. I'm normally a rugby fan, with a very occasional interest in league, around State of Origin time, but recent exposure to the Brisbane Roar has got me quite interested in the round ball game. Never thought I'd say that!
  11. Yeah the Roar have been pretty good with their fans over the past few years too. I grew up playing soccer, never got interested in rugby or League..
    • Like Like x 1