Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New from NZ

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by lokhor, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Hi all,

I am from NZ and signed up since there are no decent quality motorcycle forums over the ditch. I am pretty new to motorcycling, although I got my Learners 10 or 11 years ago I stopped riding shortly after crashing. I recently bought a new learner bike to get back into riding after my first child was born recently and we needed a second vehicle. I am mainly using my bike for commuting to and from work in the Wellington CBD.

My bike is a Hyosung X4R, otherwise known as GD250R and is a 250cc single cylinder sports bike.

I am interested in getting into more recreational rides and also doing some courses to get my Restricted and then Full license. We are lucky here as we have government subsidized training courses (they cost $20).

Anyway, nice to meet you all

• Like Like x 1
  2. Welcome lokhorlokhor, hope you find some interesting stuff in here.
    I have often wondered how come there aren't more Kiwis in here.

3. Howdy and welcome to NR lokhorlokhor. Congrats on getting back on two wheels. You are blessed with some of the best and most scenic roads in the World! And you are lucky to have such a sensible government, subsidised riding courses is a luxury!

Hope to see some photos from your rides, exploring both North and, of course, South Island (y)! I still can't get over my 2 weeks spent getting lost in South Island, can't wait to get back there, on two wheels next time!

4. Welcome to the forum, what part of the Land of the long white cloud do you hale from?

5. welcome aboard :)

6. Welcome to NR...

All the best with the training course.

7. welcome to Netrider lokhor! ....$20 training course, they should do something like that over here!

8. I am from Lower Hutt, near Wellington

9. I think you should be relieved, from my experience most of us are dicks online.

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Speaking of Kiwis, Does anyone know what became of "Larrikin" Peter from back in the Aus.motorcycles days? He bought a Harley and sold it within a month and got a Yellow Suzi TL1000.
    I thought he moved back from Melb to NZ around 2002