Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New from Newcastle

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Collo, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Hi all, after having my L's for a while I picked up a cheap bike last weekend and came across this site while searching some stuff.

I've had a couple of dirt bikes, this is my first road bike. It needs a couple of things done for rego, but hopefully I'll have it on the road soon.

It's a 99 Bandit 250:

I'll probably read more than I post, but the site looks good, and once my bike is legal I might be able to tag along on a ride if there's any local stuff happening.

Also, are there any good bike wreckers in the Newcastle/Hunter Valley area? I know the car wreckers to use but no idea on bike ones and Google hasn't really helped.

2. Welcome to NR.
  3. Welcome Sinbin, There are a few Novacastrians on the site so I am sure they will be along soon to give you some tips on local bike wreckers.
  4. Welcome to NR, @SINBIN!

Some Novacastrians will be able to help you in your query.
  5. Thanks fellas.
  6. Haven't been here for a while, still got the Bandit but it's no closer to rego than it was when I joined. I keep finding cars to buy lol.

But I pick this up soon:

2009 XVS650, Burleigh bars, short shots, hypercharger, custom rear guard, etc.
    Sounds great and goes well.

Re-doing my L's next week because I let them run out. Once I do that I'll be on the road.
    Might get the Bandit on the road for the mrs, she hasn't ridden for a while but has her full bike licence.

I'll probably be on here a bit once I get it. 8)

Cheers, Collo
  7. welcome nice bike ^^^
  8. Thanks mate. I'm a cruiser fan and this will do the job for a while. I'll add my own touches to it over time, but a lot of what I'd do to it has been done already.
  9. Welcome to Nutrider!
  10. Haha, thanks mate.

I gather there's the usual assortment of nuts here
  11. Welcome! Bit of a madhouse really!
  12. Should fit in alright then :bag:
  13. Went and saw oldmate today. Deal is done and I should have the bike next Thursday. Fark yeah :D

Got a better pic of it too:

14. Day one of the L's course down. Was happy to see they've got new bikes in the last 18 months.

I hated the Daelim POS I had last time. They're all CB125's now.
  15. Computer test away from being on the road

Woohoo yeehaa etc etc
  16. Bike got here a day early :D

My daughter likes it lol

17. Once again Fcuking nice looking bike mate :]
  18. The only thing I can pick on it at the moment is the fact I didn't build it lol. I've been playing with cars for years and like to do stuff myself but I didn't want a project (got enough of those), just something I can jump on and ride.

L's back on Friday, can't wait to take it out.
  19. Been out and about on the XVS. Great bike to ride. Gave the mrs a go on it for mothers day. Counted as a gift lol

She's doesn't want to get right back into road riding and has wanted a trail bike for a while so now we've ended up with this:

2011 KLX 250, got it for an alright price and it'll keep her off my bike :D