Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New from Melbourne

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by RuKu, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Hihi,

I decided to sign up because I am interested in doing group rides.

Early February, after the wife had a car accident (our only vehicle..), the thought occurred to me 'why don't I get a bike?' Somewhat surprisingly, she was okay with this, and so it went:

Thursday: Ring up Ridetek, book for pre-learners on Sunday, learners on Monday.
    Sunday: Do pre-rider - first time leg over a bike.
    Monday: Do learners.
    Wednesday: Buy a bike (1999 CB250)
    Saturday: Buy gear, start learning to ride.

I ride a few times a week. I live at the foot of the Dandenongs, and work from home, so I can go through Belgrave and do all sorts of rides on the back roads on weekday afternoons. Good times.

Am wandering up to Healesville and the Black Spur today. First time up there. Wish me luck!

I am pretty easy going.

2. Welcome Luke, safe ride today.

Cheers Jeremy
  3. Welcome to NR and to the world of riding.
  4. Back safe, cool trip. Can't think of a better way to clock my first 1000kms riding than on the Black Spur.

Thanks for the well wishes. :)
    • Like Like x 2
  5. welcome to NR Luke, you live in a good spot for nice rides, check the ride calendar on here, you'll find learner rides every sunday, think you'll find it handy for you :)
  6. Hi Luke and welcome to NR
  7. Welcome to riding, and to Netrider.

<Thinks> I wonder how many other people started riding just on a whim???

Anyway, you're riding now, and that's all that matters, enjoy!
  8. Welcome Luke.
    You've got some great roads at the end of your driveway!
    Just take it easy,,,baby steps (y) Very easy to get over confident in the early days.
    Come on down to the Saturday Learners & say hi.
    & hang on to that missus of yours! (y) :rofl: