Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New from Melb

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by stewe, May 10, 2012.

1. Hey Guys,

I'm a new poster from melbourne. I've used the forums for research in the past but now I thought I would get involved a bit.

I've just been in a bad crash, a ute crossed the median strip in front of me on Dynon Rd in Footscray and I hit it head on at 70kmph. Spent a few days in hospital but luckily got out of it pretty well. The bike is wrecked though. My beloved 1992 CB250, Jennifer, is no more a functioning motorcycle. :(

Well, time to look for a new bike, a bigger one this time I think. What better place than here to talk to other riders and find out what I should get.

2. have you checked the bikes for sale on here yet? Do you know what you want to do with the bike? Commute? Track? Weekend twisties stuff? Others have asked before and these things are standard points.
  3. Hi Stewe and welcome to NR. Good luck with getting a new bike and hope it ha a better fate than the last
  4. Welcome to Netrider stewe.
    Bigger (& a 'little' more powerful) than an 18 year old 250 huh??
    2012 Z1000!!!!! :eek:hno:
  5. Hi and welcome stewe to the site,cbr gsx triumph its never ending,lots and lots 1 isnt enough.
  6. My apologies to all.
    I just cant see past my Z!!!!:angel:
  7. Welcome to the NutHouse !!!!

Hope all goes well in ur search of a new bike :D
  8. The TAC assumes of course is that you were speeding at least 20kph over the limit, drunk, and doing a wheelie at the time, while the ute had every reason to cross over the median strip and destroy your bike.

But in all seriousness - welcome, hope you recover well, and all the best.
  9. Thanks for your messages everyone. I really appreciate the support. I will be sure to let you know the results of the legal proceedings and the motorcycle shopping.
  10. Welcome to NR :)

Glad you came out all right. Hope to catch you around some time.