Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New from Lismore / Newcastle

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by DrSleepy, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Hi all, new member here from the Northern Rivers area, although moving back to Newcastle in a few months for work.

I've wanted to ride since I was a teenager, but study and work conspired to stop me until now, so with everything else under some semblance of control, 10 years later I've finally decided to do something about it. :) Not entirely new to riding (grew up on a farm), the road will be a whole different experience. Even though I'll be moving in a few months I decided to get started up here where the roads are a little less busy and to enjoy some of the rides up this way once I've got some experience.

Bike is a 2014 Ninja 300 SE ABS (burnt orange), get to take delivery in about 3 weeks or so, along with a stack of gear (went with a Shoei GT Air helmet and armoured textiles). The plan is to make it my main set of wheels, eventually hoping to do 1-2 night trips on weekends.

Can't thank you all enough for the wealth of information on here, its been a real help. I'll keep you posted how my adventures turn out.

2. Welcome to NR!
  3. Welcome, bet the next 3 weeks is going to be a drag for ya. What's the textile jacket you got for yourself?
  4. Thanks for the welcomes. :)

Next three weeks are going to be ridiculously slow - got a big exam in early November, so its going to be a great reward for when I get my life back. After trying on most of the store, I ended up with an Ixon Granit. Fits well, the protectors are in all the right places on me, waterproof for commuting with a thermal liner for winter. Maybe a bit exxy, although a discount helped. ;)
  5. Welcome mate,
    I'll give you nice big thumps up if you see you about once you're in Newcastle.(y)
    • Like Like x 1