Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New (for me) toy

Discussion in 'Bikes' started by stefank, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Sorry, but I feel the urge to tell people. A step up from the CB250:

• Like Like x 12
  2. Certainly is stefankstefank! Congrats, and please don't be sorry, she's gorgeous (y)!!
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Aye, it is a fair step up. :)

I wish you much joy of it.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Lot more punch there for sure, scared yourself yet?
    • Like Like x 1
  5. No, currently riding in grandmother mode. Mostly.
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. Congrats on the new ride :)
    • Like Like x 1
  7. You've done your time on the little bike. Time to become an even better rider on a big boy bike.

Well done, mate.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Congrats on the upgrade, nice and comfy with some more grunt. Hope you're enjoying the new bike and we are able to catch up next february for a chat/ride.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. It's possible, but I get on the boat to Victoria (with car :-() on the 7th of February, which will limit opportunities. Depends when you get down south!
  10. Congrats on the upgrade!
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Welcome to the Suzuki Brotherhood :ROFLMAO:
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Beautiful looking bike .... ENJOY ... :)
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Congrats on your upgrade!!!
    How long were you on a 250 for? I've decided to start on a 250.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. About 19 months in total. I was tempted to get a bigger LAMS bike after I moved on to P1, but with an 80 kph restriction here in Tasmania there really wasn't much point to that.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. When I bought my Street Triple after selling my little Zuki 250 I rode it in "Grandad" mode too!

Till I pulled away from a set of lights and realised that the reason the front felt as lights as air was because there was air between the tyre and the ground....

It does take time to learn and grow with a new and more powerful bike!
  16. Nice bike. I bought myself one of these about a month ago & they are beautiful bikes to ride, love mine.. Mine was an upgrade from a Kymco 125 scooter. Yes Grandpa mode was definitely switched on for me for the 1st few weeks. Getting the hang of the touchy throttle was a bit of a trick for me as with the scooter you really had to crank it on to get moving. At 55 I am an actual grandpa too
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Well done! I'm nice and comfortable with the thing now, but there's still a whole lot of learning left to do.......
  18. congrats on the bike, I had me one, think it was my third bike, comfy, got a bit of go, reliable as. enjoy it, for along time, they are a good bike. well done :)
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Oh yeah looks sweet
    • Like Like x 1