Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New FNQ Member

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Me_3, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Hi guys,
    I've been around bikes for a few years now.. Current ride is a 2004 ST1300
    Done a bit of riding over the last few years, about 35,000km in the last 18 months and climbing.. loving having a good bike that just makes riding enjoyable. On my old CBR600 a 400km day was big.. on this one I don't start feeling it to 1500km or so..

Current Modifications:
    HID Headlights
    LED Spot Lights
    LED Flood Lights
    Corban Seat
    Lots of power outlets
    Aftermarket top-box with 2nd battery inside for accessories
    Classic Industries tow-bar

I'm based on the Atherton tablelands, so have some great riding country to play with.. I just wish I had more time to spend on the bike!

2. Welcome Me_3, I have never got around to putting power outlets on my current bike but as every year goes by I seem to attract more electronic gizmos so I will have to bite the bullet. What plugs did you use, Powerlets? SAE? Cigarette Lighter sockets? USB? I am just working what what I will do in my structure. Are the supplies permanently on of switched with ignition?
  3. I put a combination of USB and Standard Cigarette Lighter sockets. They are connected via a fuse & relay located under my seat.. I also have an outlet for my cooler which runs direct from the 2nd battery which is isolated from the main battery when the engine isn't running.

For my outlets, they were just cheap ones off ebay that seem to be working well.. They have been there for two years now, and lots of use without any problems...
  4. Ok, I was leaning towards USB and Powerlets just because the Powerlets are the standard BMW use so I thought they have probably done their homework. Good to know you haven't had any issues though over a couple of years.
  5. Welcome to NR
  6. Welcome aboard :]