Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New fizzer owner with a few questions

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by patske, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Hey guys I asked this on the fzr250 forum already but i thought I would try it out here aswell,

I just got my FZR250 yesterday, I bought it off a mate who informed me of a problem he has when the bike get's warm (i.e after riding for a while) He says it is hard to start. It idles when you start it and putting full throttle he says the bike still just idles then finally stalls. This only happens when the bike is warm or hot.

Also are there any places that sell fairings for fizzer's I wouldn't mind knowing how much they go for.

And lastly how much would I expect to pay for a full service on my bike oil change fliter air filter etc... bike has not been touched for about 6 months so yeah Or would you guys advise doing it myself I'm not heaps mechanical but my step dad is a car mechanic and im sure I can get help from him. So yeah just so I know how much would a service cost I live in gladesville in Sydney.

Any help is appreciated, thanks guys. Pics of the bikes are below for you to have a geez.