Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New "Fastest Production Bike" unvealed

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by V2, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Ay caramba!

A few weeks ago it was the new Kawakaki supercharged H2R, now there is a faster electric bike!

Link here Electric Lightning Motorcycle zaps Market

Whats next - is the Y2K going to come back and go into full production!
  2. At least it comes standard with a tail tidy haha. Will be interesting the next few years to see if other main stream companies try and get into electrics too
  3. Wait something is wrong here, there is nothing in the news from the police about how this bike is going to create havoc and is a recipe for disaster.

Bike must not be real or it is never going to be sold here o_O
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Hahaha as someone who thinks Electrics are pointless rubbish especially with the current state of battery technology I'd be thrilled if MTT went back into production. These electric things are like a normal bike with a 5l tank only worse plus blah blah blah. Just not sure why now's the time? Something not mentioned often; however much I might try and intellectualize it I'm not sure I'd ever be comfortable with that much lithium between my legs...
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. #5 Vertical C, Nov 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2014
    It doesn't need to be real for them to whine, the last one wasn't road registrable but that didn't stop them.

What bike goes 160km one a 5l tank?

Outside a 125 cc I don't think you will find any, then it will come up short of the 350kmh speed
  6. With the current spate of sales of Eneloop batteries by Dick Smith - I'm surprised somebody has not powered a bike by them!