Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New Exhaust on GPX 2fiddy

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by Mcsenna, Oct 15, 2012.

1. For anyone who is interested, just fitted the Musarri Alumium slip ons to the GPX. The originals were so quiet I couldnt hear myself let alone anyone else knowing I was there. Got them from Screamin Demon in WA arrived in four days. $320 incl delivery.
    Fitting was a breeze took about 15 minutes a side including removal of old ones.All the parts were supplied.
    Sounds great albeit a bit louder than I expected.

2. I've seen these on ebay and did think that at $320 for the pair was pretty good value. What's the build quality seem like? They looked a little cheap and rustprone in the photos (not that dissimilar to the cheap Chinese muffler I bought for my Katana for $80).

Also, did you rejet the carbs, or have you not noticed any issues with it running lean on the standard jetting?
  3. The build quality looks ok, they are predominantly aluminium by the looks. The suppliers say no rejetting required, I havent noticed any real performance difference and it seems to be running fine.Time will tell I guess. Its quite a deep throaty note down low and sings nicely at 10k.
    There are some baffles in the end which can be removed to make it even louder but I'm not going there.
  4. I can vouch for Scremin Demon. Used them several times with great success.
  5. Any chance you'd be able to get a decibel reading on them at all? I emailed the supplier and they didn't want to/refused to
  6. I wouldnt mind doing that, not sure how to go about it, need a meter of some sort I suppose.
  7. I'd notice they stated that, but wasn't sure if it was just something they say to make sure you buy it.

Is there much of a difference in weight over the originals?

Oh and as for decibel measuring I have seen apps for smartphones that claim to be able to do this (though not owning a smartphone I can't say if they work or not). Other option is a cheap Chinese meter for around $20 off ebay.
  8. they weigh less than the originals, got a db meter for the iPhone but I suspect it not accuarate reads 50 just sitting on the desk whcih is just ambient noise, laptop fan etc.Will try it on the bike.
  9. Tried it on the bike, 1 meter from the muffler 95. as I say I have no idea how accurate that is.
  10. Nah that's normal. Remember a 10db increase is a 10 times increase in loudness.
  11. Got some pics, but havent got anything on this laptop to reduce them down to an acceptable size. Will try, also will try and do a short vid to put on the tube if I can work that out.
  12. Couple of pics, working on the vid

Attached Files:

13. Looks nice
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Riding home tonight I looked in the mirror twice to try and see the bike coming up behind me, I gotta get used to this new sound soon. Gotta love it, going through my second childhood, or is it third, tifino.