Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New Ducatis for 2006

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by VtrElmarco, Nov 16, 2005.

1. Paging Scumbag and Brother G.

Some very nice new Ducati's out for 2006.

Check out the Motard version. I would kill my own mother for a ride on one of these!!

Plus a 150 hp Monster!

I need a moment alone.
  2. see, now that just confirms what we all thought
  3. Sorry couldn;t resist
  4. Still no sign of the rumoured 4-cylinder Ducati then.
  5. Does anyone know why the 3-valve motor hasn't replaced the 2 valve across the range?
  6. Damn you Ducati!

Now I'm going to have to save even MORE money to get the Monster I really want :(
  7. By that i assume you mean that 130HP Testastretta Version??

Looking at the specs it shows that the tank is only 13.5L (INCLUDING a 3L reserve). Therefore that means it only has a 10.5L Main Tank. HOW BLOODY RIDICULOUS. Other then that it is a VERY nice bike!!
  8. Thats still enough to get from one latte to the next.
  9. No I am fairly sure that the DS1000 motor will still be based on the two valve type. I don't think the two valve motor is bad in any way?

I will definitely be trying a Ducati of some sort with the DS1000 motor during my bike upgrade next year.
  10. Very Very fast.
  11. I just think it is weird that they would develop the 3 valve motor, based on the 2-valve, then not use it across the range. It must be less reliable at revs, otherwise you'd think they'd use it in the supersport and monster range. Weird.
  12. I think I found my next bike...bring on the HYPERMOTARD !!!!!!!!!!! \:D/

:D :D :D
  13. Its the work of desmodromic fundamentalists. 8)
  14. Roger V,

I've been away at the bottom of the garden fondling my cymbidiums and I come back to NR & a 150BHP Monster.

I was in the pit garage on Monday and heard the rumours coming from other brothers who'll be in the queue.

Wild. 8)

15. Where is the Ducati Motard everyone is speaking of?
  16. Im not a fan of the new range of Ducatis... I loved the older models, between 95 and 2k....
  17. Click on the "more" button at the end of the spiel for the Hypermotard on the page from the link in the first post.....

....are you having a blonde day, Josh? :p

:D :D :D
  18. Hubba hubba. I did have the hots for the KTM supermoto but that Ducati has taken number 1 spot for me. Wonder what the pricing will be? I would imagine it would be a bit cheaper than the multistrada.
  19. I don't have time to stop for a latte as it is...
  20. I'm with you on this one :D