Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New Dirt Bike

Discussion in 'Showcase' started by Browncoat, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Sold my old trusty DT200R and bought this 2008 WR450F. Very happy except the standard exhaust is way too quiet and a little "choofy". Yoshimura pipe on the way :)

Attached Files:

2. Dont my roady and traily look nice together!

Attached Files:

3. hey mate, nice WR.

you can get a different insert for the muffler if you still want a bit of noise but not get in too much shit.

done much work? telling by the paint on the clutch cover it hasnt done much, or the stuff it has done has been slow riding.

the stock suspension is extremely plush on them, so you may want to mess with it down the track.

they are a top bike.
  4. Thanks JimmyD, are you familiar with the "restrictors" put in place on these WR's? apparently the exhaust can be derestricted by removing a plug and the airbox by removing the snorkel. The carburettor has some kind of circlip positioning system where it can be repositioned to give full throttle. I am looking for more detailed information regarding the carb restriction. Googling "grey wire mod WR" gives a lot of hits regarding a grey wire which can be removed from the cdi loom which is supposed to change the ignition map from WR to YZ. I'd really like to know if this is applicable to my 08 WR?