Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New delicacy at KFC

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by Loz, Sep 16, 2008.

1. #1 Loz, Sep 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    Going through the drive-through at KFC the other night I saw a horrific sight: a dish that heaps chicken nuggets, corn, potato, gravy and cheese into a bucket.

As one culinary reviewer described it: "It appeared to have already been eaten at least once."

See for yourself:
    bowlpic.JPG

After first asking the drive through chick if they were seriously offering people a meal mixed together in a bucket (and don't skimp on the pate), it struck me that corporate respect for consumers must have reached a new low. "Just cram all the cheap stuff in a bucket, Dave, they'll buy it by the truckload."

It seems I'm not the only one to think this way:
    [media=youtube]tfan5MacmsI[/media]

2. Reinforcing my long-held opinion that one should eat KFC at least once each year, to remind oneself of why one only eats it once a year :LOL:.

3. This is a piss take isn't it?

Isn't it?

Eeurrrgh!

4. complain about that ...

you have obviously never seen anything cooked by me!

5. I had a friend who worked at kfc...if anyone remembers "mashies" the deep fried mash potato...my friend started cooking them way before kfc brought them out...then after word spread...suddenly they make the menu...

So from that, i draw the conclusion that kfc's food R&D department, is 6 kids, a cask of goon and a low hourly rate.

6. All too true I'm afraid. People are eating this 'failure pile in a sadness bowl' RIGHT NOW, in YOUR neighbourhood.

7. I'm picturing the amount of goon I would have to drink before considering that thing food. And I guess if I'm honest, it's not all that much. Goon'll do that to you.

8. Their fried chicken is like p0rn. Enjoyable, but afterward you feel a bit dirty.

9. Would You like more cheese with that ? :shock:

aV1DxdxA.

10. The reviewer still gave it a 'b'.

Quote from the review:
    "But, of course, I ate it anyway. And it was good, really good. The chicken was tender and tasty, not the kind with the hard breading that tears holes in your gums, or anything like that. The gravy was delicious, the corn buttery, and there was so much sodium and fat my heart is still cutting in and out – and it’s the arrhythmia of love."

I'd give it a go!

11. They had these in the states and I heard they were awesome.

Really bad for you.

But awesome.

I shall try one.

12. I only need to eat it once every 5 years or so to remind myself why I don't eat it.

13. Erm, I had one of these the other day and it was kinda nice :oops: Not too much cheese; the potato was smooth and creamy and tasted like real potato instead of Deb; nice thick gravy and popcorn chicken. Filled the spot.

God knows what it did to my insides though...

14. Ever since I had some foul tasting un-cooked bacon on the Zinger Works Burger I haven't been able to buy there again... :?

15. I love KFC, I'd eat it everyday if I could! I actualy live right next to KFC in Reservoir, I nearly do eat it everday :LOL:

16. If it tastes good and doesn't kill you (immediately) GO FOR IT!

Having said that, i've tried it. twice and now reading this post am currently thinking about that filthy filthy p0rn feeling that kfc gives me..... mmmmmmm

17. there's bacon on a Zinger Burger? :shock: :shock: :shock:

18. oooooh *sigh of relief*

saw the "Works" after i posted :LOL:

19. Ha Ha J.O.
    The truth comes out. Is this the real reason for the back to the gym thought?

20. Johnny, may I suggest a pre- paid funeral?