Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New dash instruments

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by ychinchin, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Hi guys.

Not sure if I am posting in the correct forum but I am a noob so hopefully I can get some help.

If a bike has had its dash changed to like a Vapor electronic one, is it possible for them to wind back the K's on it as well or is what it says true ?

Thanks !

2. That would be the point of changing it I would have thought.... Odo reset to 0...

3. Yes there is a special way to edit the odometer reading, intended to transfer your mechanical gauge mileage to your new electronic unit.
    If the person who bought the electronic unit did not do this when they replaced their mechanical unit, then the electronic unit's reading will in most cases be out. Obviously it depends on how many k's the bike did before the mechanical gauge was replaced as to how many km's it is out by.
    The method is outlined here: http://drriders.com/topic1352.html
    Use your own judgement as to whether the person with the unit is being honest or not.

Actually no, not necessarily, Vapor dashes offer more features than the standard dash boards on the bikes they are made for, such as temperature and fuel gauges, a digital tachometer and a clock. They are also more accurate than their mechanical counter parts, and look much better.

4. Sorry, I meant one of the points. Not the primary - I gathered that there were more features.

You'd have to treat buying such bikes as if they didn't have an odometer at all I would have thought.

5. Can't say I completely disagree with you on that one.