Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New Clutch Shudder/chatter?

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Servicing' at netrider.net.au started by thatdarnweasel, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Just got my bike back from the mechanics today, got a new clutch and battery in preparation for a trip down to the snowies.
    First thing I noticed, aside from having an almost instant bite point, is that the clutch shudders on launch, no matter what rev range I try to launch in or how tenderly I feather the lever. Once it's moving, no problem, and shifting between other gears is fine.
    I assumed it was something that could need a bit of wearing in, but after searching around online, I just have more questions than answers.

I'll probably stop back in there in a couple of days to ask about it, and I realise I could try a couple of things like cleaning the cable or changing the oil to what I'd previously used, since it's a wet clutch (i dunno what he's put in), but before I go doing any of that, do you wiser folks have any thoughts? Is this normal and expected behaviour?

2. give the mechanic a call.

• Like Like x 1
  3. take it back
    prolly took a shortcut and
    didnt presoak plates.( wild guess only)

4. Thanks guys, I'll be taking it back in tomorrow.