Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

new cans on my XX

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' at netrider.net.au started by deadman, May 31, 2009.

1. Just made my self a homemade set of cans for my Blackbird 1100 XX
    Could not stand the sound of the stock cans, they sounded like an electric sewing machine,
    With quite a bit of fiddling, I now have a good deep burble that above 4-5000 RPM quietens down and is not annoying when on a long run.
    Yes, I am a tight arse and not about to pay $1000 approx for a bought pair, Mine cost me about fifty bucks not including labour.
    Very pleased and happy with the result, and they are not a cop magnet either, I dont have any good polishing gear so that will have to wait untill I get some,
    Added bonus, they are smaller than the stock cans and tuck in more, so I dont have the black marks from boots on the cans anymore.
    For some reason I cant upload the piccys of them, I will try another time.
    Cheers,
    Brian.

2. Pics and write-up, sounds like an interesting project!

3. I heard these cans last night at coffee and they sound pretty good. Don't know how much time you spent (or would cost ) in labour but they looked impressive.

Al.

4. cant wait to see em brian :grin:

guess i should make my way down to coffee again sometime :LOL: