Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

QLD New Brissie member, old rider

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Cosmosys, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Morning all,

Had this site recommended to me as the go-to for all my bike wants and needs, so here I am!

I'm 36, from Brisbane, been riding since I was about 9 years old. I've owned a Blackbird, a Rocket III, a B-King, and now have an '09 Busa. Yup, I'm a sucker for the big crazy ones. I'll be looking for advice on how to make the Busa go harder, simply because due to long experience it doesn't frighten me in its current config.

Anyhoo, nice to be here, keep them shiny side up!
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Hello and welcome CosmosysCosmosys

Boost it! Turbos make everything more fun.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Welcome to our playground..
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Oh boy! CosmosysCosmosys ....
    As if the power wasn't enough! :rolleyes:
    Welcome to the nuthouse.
    There's a few of us NR in the SEQ so keen an eye out for organized rides :) the more the merrier.

And yes, you aren't wrong when you say this is the place to go to for all info, see ya round!
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Welcome to the forum
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Welcome. Tell us about your favourite route for a half/full day ride when the weather's nice and the time allows.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Info, ride buddies, debate, help, sarcasm, sh*t-ripping, good laughs and some real, incredible Good People, that's what you'll find here...yup, cant think of anything else you could want or need :) Welcome!
    • Agree Agree x 3
  8. Welcome to NR..

• Like Like x 1
  9. Welcome
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Welcome
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Welcome mate, I'm 36 myself and must say you sure don't do anything in halves.

Love the Rocket III.

• Like Like x 1
  12. That's gotta be the best bike vid on the net haha :)

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Looks like a great place!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. It's nothing hugely thrilling, but I love to head out over Clear Mountain to Dayboro, then over Mt Mee to D'Aguilar where there's a great pie shop. Then either a fast blast home on the highway, or turn around and do it all in reverse, depending on time. Mt Mee has gorgeous views and terrible roads haha. Takes a bit of skill to do it at any real pace, but the riders out there are usually friendly and courteous.

I prefer that run instead of Nebo/Glorious - there tends to be more maniacs in cars around the latter, and lately a bit of diesel on the road fairly regularly for hoons to do burnouts/drifting. Not so much fun hitting a patch of that in a corner...
    • Like Like x 1