Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New Brisbane rider

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Jaco, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Hi all,

I guess I came a little late to the party; though I rode dirt bikes as a kid, and enjoyed it very much, it somehow never really occurred to me that it was something I should or could do on the road. Cars, cars, fast cars, faster cars, karts, but no bikes.

That changed a couple of years ago when I bought a 125cc scooter for commuting (to avoid using the thirsty V8 or pubic transport), and figured I might as well do the licence test on a manual bike. It ****ing ruled.

Today, I took delivery of my first bike, an '02 F4i. It, also, ****ing rules.

So, hello Netrider community! I've been lurking for a bit, and learned a lot. I reckon I'll learn a helluva lot more.
  2. welcome, northside or southside? :p
  3. Thanks!

I'm on the northside, but only just.
  4. Howdyhowdyhowdy. :)
  5. G'day Jaco. Nice to have you along mate. F4is are nice old things. So you live on the north bank. I'm a runcorn boy myself.
  6. Yeah, don't hold it against me though!

Really liking the F4i. I was expecting it to be smooth and predictable (a big part of why I chose it), but I'm still surprised at the extent of the smoothness and predictability.
  7. Welcome mate. Good to see another Brisbane-ite about the place.
  8. Welcome! Great to see another QLD'er on board. :D
  9. What are we doing tomorrow, folks? Anything? (Sunday 14/8/11).
  10. welcome and good to see a qlder,

As per plans, a group are doing the cancer thing next week , but if you want a group ride, just put a think in qld section a month or so out.
  11. Hi Jaco, I started of on the scooter commuter bandwagon in Brisbane too, then discovered riding was fun. Now on a Triumph Srpint ST 1050 and my commuter is now a GS500F.

I am on the Conquor Cancer ride next weekend that benjamin78au suggested, but doing a LONG ride this Wednesday with a learner rider if your keen.
  12. Were you at the mt glorious meet with roger a couple weeks back?

EDIT: Also, welcome Jaco!
  13. @17SJS: Yeah I was at the glorius meet. I was on the GS500 cause some fukker stole my trumpy!! Was with the cripple on the dirt bike!!

@Kneedragon: planning loosely, mt glorius, coominya, ma ma creek, warwick, queen mary falls -- still planning --> brisbane.
  14. TRA: That sounds sweet, but I'm working all day Wednesday. I'll keep an eye out though, would be keen for a leisurely punt around the great south east some weekend.
  15. Hi Guys after a lay off of some 20 odd years.Decided to Throw the leg over a bike again. An experience I will never regret.

At the present time have a postie which is used to make a few bucks also a 1993 XJ600.

The XJ600 is Like it's owner vintage so we make a great team.
    I plan to travel To Melbourne in March from Banora Point to see grand daughter Daughter and Son-law

A sort of Bucket list thing.It is so good to back on a bike. Took a bit of courage after so long, at 68 I'M GUNA DO IT.
    Cheers Campbell