Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New boots

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by bluecraka, Aug 12, 2006.

1. Just bought myself a pair of Oxtar gortex boots, should people wear them in a bit before riding or what, they seem comfy enough walking around in, but i felt stiff and out of place when on the bike coming home with them when trying to shift gears.

Or is it okay to rub some dubbin into them to soften them up a bit?

2. Most people wear new boots in around the house etc. Wont take long before you wont even notice them while riding. Its just your use to what ever you were wearing before & you noticed the difference.

:LOL: hell i've been doing house work in my boots, havnt taken them off since little trip down the street from before.
  3. Thanks for that Charmed. I felt like a goose trying to ride with them new. In that case I rather feel like/look like a bit of a goose at home to wear the him rather than out in public until I'm use to them.