Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New BM Rider

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by SimsonMc, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Hi there

New to the forum, old in the saddle. I've been riding bikes for years. I currently ride a K1600GT although not as much as I would like. It's great to see more and more people getting on bikes and enjoying the freedom it brings. I wish everyone a safe journey, where ever that may lead you. The beautiful thing about motorcycling is that not only is the destination great, the journey is even better.

Safe travels, Stay upright

• Like Like x 6
  2. Welcome to NR Simon, had a K1600GT but ageing body and one too many stall drops meant I downsized to a 2016 R1200RS, I still do miss the power of that 6 cylinder though :(
  3. Welcome to netrider Simon
  4. Welcome to Netrider Simon :)
  5. Welcome to NR..
  6. Welcome to the nuthouse mate.
  7. Welcome to nr, am thinking of getting a tub of plastic or the lighter rt1200 atm
  8. gday SimsonMcSimsonMc, nice ride - welcome to NR!
  9. Welcome mate, sweet ride :cool:
  10. welcome aboard :)
  11. Welcome, fellow mothership pilot.
  12. Love that engine!
  13. I hear you. It's a (beautiful) beast. I toyed with the idea of a new R1200R. Great bike but would get tiresome on a long haul. Also not fond of the USD forks. Seemed a bit bouncy but I guess it's what you get used to.

And OMFG - Did BMW put a sprinkling of crack on that 6 cylinder engine? It's so addictive.

Thanks for the replies everyone.
  14. Aloha SimsonMcSimsonMc ! Jeeez talk about a beast of a bike! Def wouldn't wanna drop something that chunky.
    Welcome to the forum!
  15. Yep, and then the most senseless drag race ever when mate on his K1600GT and myself took off together from the lights, wasn't until we hit some insane speed that the little voice in my intercom said "WTF are we doing, this is just so pointless, nobody is gunna win this" but the sound of two 16's side by side on full song was freaking amazing, would have swore there was an F1 car there :)
    • Like Like x 2
  16. first one to roll off is the loser :p
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Welcome, from an old BMW rider!

I am now

I'll have to replace my beige cardigan (V-Strom) with a grey cardigan (BMW boxer)
    • Funny Funny x 1