Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New blue machine

Discussion in 'Showcase' started by enigma--, Oct 13, 2010.

1. so, i have just purchased my 2nd big bike... and both within this year.

it started like this https://netrider.net.au/forums/showthread.php?t=110252 , purchasing my first big bike. i loved the power and the sound, was a nice bike.

three weeks later, i came to grief. https://netrider.net.au/forums/showthread.php?t=110750 .

well, this was all during the first two or three months of my first full time job (apprentice sparky) and needless to say i was struggling enough, writing that bike off didnt help.

its taken me till now to save up enough to consider a new bike, as i got a car in the mean time. i have saved and saved, and on saturday, happened upon yet another potential bike... this one turned out though, so without further ado...

heres my 2000 model sv650s, in the blue.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

only got it last night, and since then only taken it round the block. tonight did oil change (first time ive done this on a bike haha), cleaned it up a bit (probably also for the first time!), adjusted pressures etc.

its in good nick, pretty low kms, only had one low speed off, and i got it for a great price! has a nice can on it to, nice sound and not to loud at all!

so, everyones seen pics of these but here ya go :)

cheers, ash :)
  2. =D> very nice and congrats.
  3. Great, enjoy it mate.
    No-one has a bad word with those.
  4. Awesome mate, and congrats on the new bike...very flash in blue (y)
    Enjoy !
  5. Very nice indeed.
  6. went for first proper ride on it today to uncles to watch the gp (who lives in launching place, so some good roads to get there)

i understand why people love these bikes. enough grunt, im loving the vtwin so far, reasonably comfy and handles well (though the steering is sharper than what im used to!)