Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New bits for the ER6

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' at netrider.net.au started by happy.grl, Dec 15, 2007.

1. I finally got my new shock, exhaust and hugger for the ER6 and they all went on this afternoon - I want to say a huge thanks to Loz who spent half the day putting them on for me.

Just took her for a spin and it has made a huge difference - actually being able to put more than toes down is fantastic and the sound is great

Now that I've lowered the bike, though, I really need to shorten the stand - does anyone know where I could get this done? I don't suppose anyone has a welder that could help out????

2. Good to hear.

What exhaust did you end up putting on it, and are you noticing the new suspension is inspiring better handling at all, or just better for your height?

We demand pics! :D

3. Good stuff.. Gee Loz is a top bloke isnt he.. :cool:

So what exhaust did you fit to your bike ??

4. Nah I had ulterior motives. Never rode the ER-6 before. And I must say, I really, *really* like it. What a sensational little motor! After punting Sal's around the block a few times today I reckon this little baby's definitely on the list. And nice to work on too, everything's easy to get to. I'd be surprised if you could show me an easier rear shock to remove!

The exhaust is an Arrow. I was amazed how massive the stock exhaust is when it all came off - apart from that little pokey tip bit that you can see, there's a large metal box that goes all the way through to the other side of the bike. The Arrow weighs less than a THIRD of what the old one did, and it's just a slip-on. Oh, and the bike sounds f*cking MONSTROUS with the exhaust off. Absolutely enormous!

Glad it all worked out well for you Sal - happy trails and if you need somebody with an angle grinder to do that sidestand... :twisted:

5. Like Loz said, it's an Arrow slip on. I haven't had a chance to take it out for a good run yet - I'll do that today if the weather holds out, but it's definately loads better for my height.

6. lets see some pics..