Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New Bike

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by althasaur, Jan 12, 2008.

1. wohoo...

I picked up my new kle500 today... and just for klutu, here is a pic,

So far I have noticed that I can not put the side stand down while I am sitting on the bike, Need to try to firm the suspension up a bit.
    As far as I am concerned it goes well when it is in the correct gear.
    I think that they are spaced a bit to close together.
    But I am happy with it.
    Waiting on a bagster tank bag and givi top box for it to come. Tank bag is coming from france.

I will post more when I get the chance...
  2. Nice work :)

3. [​IMG]

I think it is more viewable like this ;-) Lightened and sharpened.

Try to get some light on it when you next shoot...

Trevor G

PS It looks like fun.
  4. Thanks Trevor, took the photo last night after I got home from a birthday party.
    Will take some more out in the sun later... :D
  5. Now that is a sexy adventure motorbike :)
  6. Nice bike! Congrats

Full review expected shortly :wink:
  7. :grin:

Nice bike too! Looks like it'd go anywhere... some good tar-dirt touring for you sometime, perhaps?
  8. These are a bit of a cult bike overseas. Looks the goods, now just needs a coating of mud :grin:
  9. Hope to get it a bit dirty soon.
    Just managed to get garmin working on the nokia so going to try a few tracks soon.... :)

Did not manage to get to ride it today :(
    But as I am using it to commute and with this rain...... it sill get some mud soon...

Any one know any easy tracks to try?
  10. Parramatta road ,should give it a good test :LOL:

Congrats on the new ride :grin:
  11. Congrats, nice bike

Same engine is popular in Europe for couriers, so should last you a while.

They have a six speed box, so are close ratio, and are meant to be revved out a bit before changing (but of course run it in first :wink: )

Plenty, I don't think I've had any luck getting netriders on dirt, tried a few times though :p

Try St Albans Rd from Wisemans.

Do you know Kulnura on the way to Wollombi from Peats Ridge? Plenty of easy tracks from there - get yourself a copy of Central Coast Forest Map and have a ride around there. Or your GPS should have most of the major tracks on it as well
  12. I want one.
    Got a few debts to clear out first though. Very interested to hear your review as the KLE's first on my list to test-ride when I get off my restrictions (3 weeks, yay!).
  13. yeah i want one too :cool:
  14. at 2000 posts, you seem to be doing a bit of trying (or perhaps just not enough riding? :))

Did howes track to the putty yesterday - getting a bit sandy in places but shouldn't be too difficult as a test track.
  15. Nice choice of color!!
    I thought you'd get a cruiser.
    :beer: Enjoy!
  16. it's lams approved :cool:
  17. One thing I have noticed,
    The sidestand seems to be very tall. As a consequence, I have to get off the bike pretty much in order to put the sidestand down properly, or lean the bike the to the right, then to the left.

Unfortunately I did not quite get this right at work, as I was getting off.
    Bike overbalanced and I had to let it fall.
    These pics were taken with a mobile phone...
    That seems to be about all the damage that I could see....
    All the indicators were undamaged :D

When I take the bike to get the bags or the 1k service, I will also get the rear shocks adjusted a bit.