Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New bike

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Stitch, Jul 14, 2006.

1. Hi everyone,

I'm new to the site and will be new to riding. I've decided to ignore the advice of relatives and get a motorbike. Just wondering what bike would be suitable for a newbie. I was looking at the honda cbf250 and the kawasaki bikes, thats about when i realised i dont have a clue. Any advise would be appretiated.

2. Welcome and enjoy the forum. :cool:
  3. Welcome to the forum, and enjoy

Tell us what state you're in (I don't mean drunk or sober, but where you live.)

If you're in a LAMS state you may well have more choice than just a 250
  4. yeah.. welcome dude.. I am quite new myself...
  5. If your in NSW then the limit is 660cc with a power to weight ratio which i cant quite remember. As for what bike to get, that depends on what kind of riding u want to do, road/trail or just road. if its road/trail then its hard to go past a second hand xr250 or dr250 (depending on your budget). Im not really into road bikes myself so i couldnt recomend a good one to buy
    good luck.
  6. What state are you in?

How much money do you have? (And we are going to subtract quite a bit from this sum for safety equipment)

What sort of riding do you envisage doing? (scratching pegs up and down every twisty mountain you can find or five day tours etc.)?
  7. Hi Stitch,

Do a search on previous posts on this, I'm sure you'll find what you're after.
  8. Hi, Stitch. :grin:

Nice move. :wink:

If you're in Victoria you can get a Suzuki RGV250 or Honda NSR250, maybe even a Aprilia RS250 if you're cashed up.
    They're all much more fun than boring 4 stroke 250's. :cool:

Don't worry, you're not the only one. :p

You're welcome. :)