Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New bike

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by Saml, Apr 28, 2006.

1. My bikes new, but I want to know
    whats the best thing I can do in the way of maintaining my bike? and how often?

I want to learn to take care of things myself but I'm starting from the ground up.

Any advice would be appreciated.
  2. http://www.rideforever.co.nz/

This isn't a bad site to give you an insight into some things you should be looking into/out for especially as a new rider
    There is also heaps of info around on this site to help you with just about everything! :grin:

Good Luck
  3. whats the bike? get your bikes owners manual & service manual if you can. There is a basic schedule in the back of the owners manual... ITS WAY TO BASIC! put a call out to other owners of teh bike and see if there are any qirks to be checking on...
  4. Suzuki GS500F

i have an owner's manual, but I don't find that very informative.

I've been searching the internet for a service manual. That would be fantastic..
  5. it takes alot of searching but it is worth it... Mine is $150 or so form peter stevens and not worth it if you can downlaod it for free :wink: