Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New Bike

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by bass_player, Sep 16, 2005.

1. Hi all,
    Any ideas on what sort of bike I should get while on my restricted licence? Ive been riding trail bikes for years and had my L's for 9 months and rode a GPX250. Not a bad bike but a little uncomfortable. As me and the missus are trying to buy a house im pretty restricted with my budget. Probably spend $2K-$3K. Just want something reasonably reliable to ride while on a restricted licence. Not too fussed if its a sport or cruiser. I will eventually get a cruiser though when I'm off the restricted licence.

2. uncomfortable? are you tall?
  3. THAT's a bit personal, isn't it???

8) 8) 8)
  4. Not at all. Quite short to be honest. I don't know what it was but after a decent ride my lower back always ached
  5. i have alot of back problems, and have found it the most comfortable of bikes ive sat on. My brother is very tall and so finds it uncomfortable. Alot of bikes have a very forward riding position, which would make my back ache alot, so I did consider crusiers for awhile. (upright position)
    Ive done 3 hour rides with no break and not ached at all on gpx.