Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New Bike

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by sharpe1, Jan 9, 2005.

1. Well I am now the proud owner of a yellow '99 VTR1000. I finally sold the GSXR and am enjoying the V twin lifestyle. :D :D

2. My Condolences..........may you get through this traumatic period in your life :shock: :p :p :p :p 8)

Cheers 8)
  3. What a fantastic purchase you have made. Congrats. If you feel the need jump over for a gander at this little ripper. There are quite a few Netriders over there and it's a rockin little site.

4. Yeah wot Falom said ay!!
    There are quite a few New South Welshman on the site too so if yer lookin to get some good rides in....jump over and make your self known! 8)
    Tell !em Andy sent ya....that way i get the newbie points :wink:
  5. Suzuki to Honda not really sure what to say here, i guess stick with and one day you'll get over it :)
  6. I turned from the darkside (Suzuki) and got a Honduh.. best thing I did :p :D

Course I can't ride..but thats a different story! :wink:
  7. woo hooo :twisted: That's a great buy one of our friends has one.. Very nice sounds as well :twisted:

Have fun and stay safe :D

Lisa :twisted:
  8. A sad day for all :(

:p :)
  9. Welcome to the world of v-twins.
    I must admit I do like the sound of a VTR with a nice set of pipes on it.
  10. I like the idea of the VTR.

How may ks' has it got?

I've read a few fix-it enquiries on these. I am wondering if they are as reliable as other hondas.

Has anyone out there got one of these with high ks' that they have had for a while?
  11. At least it's a Twin.

Congrats on the new toy.

12. There a rubbish bike ........not.

The ozfirestorm site has some great tips on how to improve it even further. Check it out.

Take it easy.
  13. It's only got 20,000 km,s and a nice set of Remus pipes
  14. The only problem I see with a Honda V is that Honda's drive for engineering excellence probably smooths off that special feeling you get from a thumping V. But then again I expect they make up for it with superior performance. (all this crap from someone still on a restricted licence and who realy has no idea) :p :LOL: :LOL:

Congratulations and welcome to the light. May the force be with you. 8)
  15. I was so close to buying an SV650!!

16. Thank god you saw the light and went the Honda. The SV is a good little bike but you would have been left wanting....