Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New bike time!

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Wreckaotik, Apr 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So I'm down to 3.
    Honda St1300
    Yamaha FJR1300
    Kawasaki GTR 1400
    (well, they seem to tick the most boxes for the cheese 'n' kisses and myself)
    I currently ride a Yammy XVS 650 Classic. It hasn't missed a beat in the 3 years I've had it. It's been a daily rider, mid distance and long distance tourer, couldn't ask for a better bike.... or could I? (or more to the point, could she)?
    I've been researching pretty heavily (on the interwebs, and in the shops) and it still seem to come down to these three choices. I mean, I'd love a Nightrod, or an R1, but it's not the most practical solution. It'd be a daily rider (well,, when I'm home) but it will also do some mid length runs (3-400 km) and some longer runs 2-3000 km) pillion comfort is important (or so I've been told) as is fuel economy, saftey, gadgets, blah, blah, blah... etc. Any one here ride one of these bikes? Anyone got any other suggestions?
    To be honest, I'm leaning toward the FJR ATM,

2. Bike review questions go where?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.