Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New bike & rider saying hello

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by schnauzerfan, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Hi Netrider,

Just picked up my er-6nl and have begun the gradual fear downgrade process.
    Hope to get along to a Melbourne learner practice day in the near future.

By the way, I've figured out what L plates are for - they draw unwanted attention and act as a sort homing beacon for tailgating taxi drivers.

2. Hello Mr Fan,

I am not too sure of the fear downgrade process but if you mosey along to the new riders and tips section I am sure someone here is bound to help you out with it. The learner practice day also sounds like a good idea, even if it is the Melbourne version. Shame you are not closer to Sydney.

Well done on working out what the L plates are for - but remember any attention is wanted attention.

Welcome to the forummm
  3. welcome to NR schnauzerfan, what Brmmm said, except for the 'raining wet sydney' is better lol
    Come down to Elwood this sat morn if you like, intro yourself, you'll find alot of helpful people, two gurus Doug N Dave will answer any question ]no tattslotto numbers tho] you may ask of them. Behind the BP Servoo on beach rd, right nest to St Kilda marina, there is a thread on here, either you'll find it or someone will pop up with 'here you go'
    Read lots on here :)
  4. Thanks goddie and Brmmm. I live mercifully close to that carpark, so I've no excuses. Can't wait to find out how just how crap I really am :p and rebuild from there.
  5. Hello and welcome!
  6. Welcome to NR & hope to see you at the Saturday session soon. (y)