Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New Bike Prices In Melbourne?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by gdb, Feb 13, 2005.

1. Hello All

I have just sold my old bike and are thinking of buying a new bike however are not sure what to get - the prices below are the best I have found in Melbourne so far - if any one knows of better prices or has opinions on the bikes listed please feel free to comment - thanks in advance.

05 ZX6R $14,500 - ride away.
    05 GSXR 750 $15,000 - ride away.
    02 Ducati 748 $16,000 - plus stamp duty.

I only ride on weekends and are looking to keep the bike for 2-3 years - I want something with some level of comfort and are not pretending to be the fastest or best rider on the road - an occasional track day would be forseable.

Regards Glen
  2. Very few bikes will outclass a gsxr750 on the road or track. Perfect weekender. However go ride them all all see which one you enjoyed the most then buy it. They are all within a few $$$ of eachother, and none are a bad deal.
  3. Out of the 3 bikes u have listed the gsxr750 is easily the best bike. If I had the opportunity 2 upgrade I'd be getting that 1. But I have 2 take into account the misses as that is the only problem with the gsxr, to much lean forward 4 her. So in 2 weeks or so we'll b going out 2 look at a Triumph ST, or VFR, or blackbird. We'll c.

But ride them & c what u like.
  4. Go the Twin. Inline 4's are boring....

Trust me I know :)
  5. I've ridden both, inline 4 (Suzuki Across), V-Twin Firestorm. The twin is definately better!
  6. Hey Glen

Where can you get a 05 zx6r for $14500 on road mate?

7. Mornington Kawasaki are selling them for $14,500 ride away - they might do better for two if you are interested - I havent made up my mind what to get yet but the ZX6R is towards the top of the list.
  8. Cool thanks for that. I will prolly be looking at it in a couple of weeks time but I won't do anything before contacting you first to see where you're at.

9. No problems - i will keep you posted - if you find a better deal let me know

Regards Glen
  10. Hey Glen

I'm still undecided. Mornington want $15000 on road for the zx6r and floyd-parkes kawasaki want $14,680. I was well impressed by FP's premises in ferntree gully road. Anyway, I need to sell my 929 blade first which is posted on ebay at the moment and I will take it from there. I couldn't send you a pm because i'm a newby and it is forbidden. :)

Let me know how you get along.

11. Hello Damo

I ended up buying a black 03 ZX6R - although not as nice as the new model the price differance was to big to go past it - I am really happy with the bike however need to get the suspension reworked to suit my weight as it is far to stiff - The best price i had on a new ZX6R was from mornigton kawasaki and it was $14,500 ride away. - Good luck

Regards Glen