Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New Bike & New Shed.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Geoff3DMN, Sep 6, 2006.

1. I checked out a few new bikes a couple of months ago, not unlimited budget so I was looking for a not so exxy big bike.

Hornet 900 - nice but I wanted some weather protection.
    SV1000S - too lent over riding position.
    SV1000 - ok but no weather protection.
    DL1000 - Bit tall for a short arse like me.

I ended up ordering a new K6 Bandit 1200 and it finally arrived and I picked it up this week, it took me a couple of days to post because I was checking the bike out :grin:

No it's not the most sporting of the lot, in fact it's probably the most touring orientated of the lot. But that's ok because most of the riding I do these days is longer trips and comfortable riding position and good wind protection and plenty of low down grunt are good for touring, which means the bike is what I was looking for.

I've ordered a Ventura rack and bag and a set of heated grips (icicle next year might be a bit easier), plus a yoshimura muffler because it's just too quiet and innofensive for a bike called a Bandit :wink:

This is actually my second bandit I bought a 1996 model new 10 years ago (in a very similar colour) and I christened that one Doolan.

Doolan you say? Well you see there is this old fold song which starts off like this -:

There was a wild Colonial Boy,
    Jack Doolan was his name,
    Of poor but honest parents,
    He was born in Castlemaine.
    He was his father's only hope
    His mother's pride and joy,
    And dearly did his parents love
    The Wild Colonial Boy.

Now the wild colonial boy was a bushranger, a Bandit you see... and he was from Castlemaine.

I live in Castlemaine, and so did my bike... the Bandit so my first Bandit was christened 'Doolan'.

I can't see myself calling this bike anything other than 'Doolan the 2nd' :LOL:

Along with the fact that we've recently shifted from one side of town to the other side we managed to find a nice shed (with a house attached) for the bikes.

Some pics of my new baby (and her new living quarters) can be found here...