Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

new bike, just a few general questions

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by Al Bundy, Jul 27, 2006.

1. I havent had a chance to look at my bike too closely yet (due to working in all sunlight hours at the moment).
    Im Just wondering if these things are normal.

The clutch lever fully disengages the clutch but it hits the hand grip when pulled in. should this be adjusted to not hit the hand grip?

When pushing the bike(it switched off) there it sounds like the brake pads are touching but not squeezing, i can just hear what sounds like the pads are rubbing against the disk, is this normal? i dont remember it when pushing the bike on my l's test.

also what are the ugly screws that stick out the side of the CBR's for? There just bellow the pillion seat towards the front.

P.S. im dying to go for another ride, it seems like its been a month but its only been a few days.

2. I wouldn't worry about the clutch lever hitting the bars, as like you say, it's disengaging the clutch.

The noise you can hear is the brake pads rubbing on the discs, this is normal, nothing to worry about. It just means that the pads haven't retracted as far as they might be able to, this won't affect how the bike performs, or the pad longevity/performance.

I have no idea what the bolts sticking out are, perhaps to tie luggage down?
  3. Thank you, Much appreciated :) remind me to buy you a beer
  4. Sounds like you have bought Frankenstein's bike :shock:

Brakes sound normal, now stop work and get on that bloody bike!! :p