Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New bike is aweseom! Fatigued though.

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by thestig, Jul 1, 2009.

1. So I picked up my new ride yesterday and had a decent crack at it.
    I ride a lot of push bikes but by the time I'd ridden for an hour and a half I was really sore! Is this because of the wind chill/fatigue effect? Will I get used to it?

I have kevlar jeans but I think for longer trips in the cold I might put windproofs on over the top as my torso was nice and warm from the windstopper built into the jacket.

P.S absolutely loving the bike.
  2. :worthlesspics:

Also, what type of bike?

I have fully lined kevlar jeans from Star Rider that are warm as all hell (as proven on the recent ride to Woodend). However windproofs/waterproof over pants would probably assist you to take the edge off the chill. Otherwise pick up some thermals.
  3. Kevlar jeans are not made for winter chill.
  4. Its a vtr250. And yeah Ill be rugging up more in future. Ive got horny jeans at the moment.

P.S. What do you want a picture of? Me standing there looking really cold?
  5. The bike.
  6. Its tiring because its new and thus requires alot of concentration. When the simple things become second nature it'll take alot more to wear you out.
  7. think of it as being bike fit and work up to it. Oxford chillout pants under your draggins might might help. Like skins with a windproof front.
  8. i wear K-legs (full kevlar leggings [made by draggin jeans]) under my normal jeans. Seem to keep me warm enough, even on the freeway going at 100 at like 11 at night in thick fog.