Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New bike great for picking bogans off at the lights

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by pro-pilot, May 28, 2008.

1. This looks like a good addition to the garage! Especially for those lazy commuting days of filtering to the front of the lane only to find Gino the English graduate at the front wanting to shunt you for being there.

Will be interesting to read about the full specs and handling of this baby! Espcially if its developing the suggested 200 bhp down low and having the title of fastest accelerating production bike.

2. ALL bikes are great for picking off white trash at the lights!
  3. Fark if that's not an ugly bike :LOL:
  4. People laughed at the original V-max. Stopped laughing pretty soon when they were left in the distance with vapourised dust and bits of shredded rubber stuck to their faces :grin:

Can't wait to see one of these in action.
    (Big fan of v-boost, here!)
  5. Somehow I doubt this monstrosity will leave a 1000cc sport bike in it's dust, nor even the humble Blackbird for that matter.
    Anyhow, you get no kudos for simply winding on the throttle, any monkey can do that. Let's see how well it does in the twisty stuff, where the men stand out from the boys ... :wink:
  6. A short wheelbase race bike is not the be-all and end-all of traffic light races.
  7. Except for the fact that when it comes to straight line performance there's really no substitute for displacement. Looks like this'll be the V8 Ford/Holden of the bike world. Big, heavy, incredibly quick in a straight line, just don't expect it to corner or stop.
    So will mainly appeal to men suffering a mid-life crisis or feeling inadequate in the trouser department. Which means Yamaha will probably struggle to keep up with demand.
  8. Always good to toss in a spot of casual racism to enhance the discussion of your penis-extenders, don't you think?
  9. Or allowing for the definition below, just becoming an other bogan at the lights

So be honest PP, this is why it appeals to you isn’t it?
  10. I'm sure he meant to write "great bike for picking bogans up at the lights".
  11. He's pre-ordered two to add to his collection
  12. Pretty much the greatest bike ever.

It'll be a heavy beast, but the frame geometry doesn't actually look that bad. Brakes look suitably fierce. Front end isn't overly raked out, and looks like half-decent ground clearance for a cruiser. It may actually handle.
  13. The original Vmax made 140bhp in 1985 from 1200cc. That's quick today. This thing will be an absolute monster of an engine.
  14. Probably just as well, given they're still selling them new.
  15. ....... yes, but it's still ugly. :LOL: :p
  16. mix in a bit of social and educational elitism. . . .
  17. hey I've got nothing against Bogans. How would the Ruby League and VFL industries survive without them?
  18. My reaction to this bike is exactly the same as to B-King: I don't care how well it goes because you'd have to be a bogan to want to be seen on that thing in the first place.
  19. Looks better than a B-king. Still wouldn't buy one.
  20. Latest AMCN says it's a 1679cc V4 producing 147kW of power and 167Nm of torque.

Five-speed gearbox, slipper clutch, shart drive. Fully adjustable suspension front and rear. Radial mounted, six-piston calipers on the front twin discs.

The airbox is where the tank should be. The fuel tank under the seat only hold 15L!