Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New bike gloat....

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by LeMMin9, Dec 29, 2007.

1. Hello all!
    I haven't been on here for some time now but I thought now was a good a time as any to start my posting back up.....I stepped up to the big boy league and have got myself new weapon!

Last Friday (just before xmas, yes I buy myself the best xmas presents....) I picked up my new 2k7 CBR1000RR from Peter Stevens in Geelong!!! :grin: Oh what a day that was. Traded in the '94 ZZR250, it was a sad day to see the little faithful go, but the tears didn't last long as they were replaced with THE biggest smile of satisfaction you can imagine.

That said, ten minutes after I picked it up, it belted down with rain (talk about baptism of fire!) so as you can imagine on the new tyres attached to my new baby I was ever the cautious one getting home! :shock:

A wipe down and a cover up (after 17kms of riding) and I had to get into the car to head off for all my xmas visiting, to return 5 days, yes 5 whole days later!!!! :eek: But as you can imagine that gap was made up for in the next 24 hours with another 200kms being added to the clock, a ride to Queenscliff the night I got back and a venture down to Lorne on the GOR the next day helped with that ;)

Ok enough gloating now, the bike is absolutely awesome and I'm having so much fun with it, in fact I think I'll head out again now!! Happy riding everyone, stay safe during the holidays (and every other occasion too) Shiny side up!!!

2. :worthlesspics:

Congrats on your new toy :).
  3. Oh yeahhhhh...GREAT bike indeed... :grin:
  4. And now for the image I forgot to attach earlier..... :LOL:

(His name is "Blade" too, original I know, but I thought it was appropriate :p )
  5. Good buy mate.

Just get her geared -1/+2 and you'll have yourself a weapon!
  6. i made a tent. in my pants.
  7. I don't know if thats original or not but I friggin LOVE it :LOL: well said.

Nothing like a new bike, have lots of smiles with it.
  8. Jealous, me :)

Enjoy, it looks the goods!
  9. +1 you cant just leave it stock

Excellant purchase dude.
  10. Very nice bike! Enjoy you luck bastard!
  11. congrats on the new bike mate.. Enjoy and stay safe.. :grin:
  12. Sweet bike mate. Nice colour. Go the blade. enjoy it! :cool:
  13. Nice, love those new CBRs. Enjoy!
  14. :grin:

Thanks for all the comments everyone!

I have to admit I think this is the last of the good looking CBR's, the 2k8 looks butt ugly in my opinion.... So that makes e even more happy with the buy :cool:
  15. What a weapon of a machine!! Congrats mate and enjoy!
  16. Nice buy, Congrats
  17. How are you finding the transition from a 250 to a blade ?
    Can you keep the front down ?
    have you had it up to 9g yet.......

whats the story........ :shock:
  18. Well.....

I've now put about 400kms on the blade, the transition from 250 to 1000 has been more or less, easy as pie. What I've found so far is that the change in riding position is the main factor, more weight on my hands from leaning forward, different seat and my arse moulding to it....hanging on more when twisting the throttle..... it actually hasn't been that bad. Now I dont want anyone to get the wrong impression from the next comment, so in no way do I think I'm Mick Doohan or anything anywhere near that, but I will try and explain what I mean..... I think of myself as a fairly confident and compitent rider, and being that I own the blade (as a pose to riding my mates ZX-14) I'm not scared or wary of it, now that said I think it relieves me a little in my head to give me more comfort riding the bike, like as a pose to test riding and knowing the machine isn't yours, its mine so I can be confident that if I screw it up, it's on my head type of thing.....not sure if that made anything near sense..... :wink:

I can honsetly say as much as I've twisted the right handle a bit, I'm still wary of breaking in the new engine so I am taking it easy, but riding it normally and all through the gears, yadda yadda, with that, the front wheel has been 100% on the ground and will be for a good while longer yet :LOL:

The bike redlines at 12g, I've had it up to 11g, in second upto about 150kms, simply as a breaking in the motor measure, it screamed, but it needed to be done in the first few hundred kms......

I'm I cant think of much else right now, flights to organise for New Years ;) if you have any more quesrtions, shoot em at me!!! :p
  19. Congrats on the new bike. Was just wondering how you went with Geelong Peter Stevens and trading in your zzr.
    Much hassles, get what you wanted/fair for it, etc.
  20. Nice ride mate.

An oil change in the next week would be good as well [​IMG]