Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New "Bike friendly" Party

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by thetramp64, Oct 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saw this mob advertised in an article in Two Wheels.
    They have some reasonable (and some stupid) policies.
    But just imagine, if evry rider voted for them or a similar party... The big two would notice...

2. w#$kers - every one
  3. You know what, I think I'll vote for them rather than the 2 bozo's that are currently on offer.

I use a gun for work, why can't I take it home with me? :evil:

might have to take it to broadford for the next race meet :rofl:
  4. Seems to be mainly the latter.
  5. Maybe I'm missing something, but what's the stupid policies?

The only one I don't agree with is the selling off of government assets.
  6. Their firearms policy for a start...

"There is some evidence to show that, where gun ownership is high, crime involving actual or threatened violence is reduced."

Every wanker and his dog in the States has a gun. What's their crime like?
  7. it just looks like a bunch of blokes got their ideas together one night on the piss round the barbie and started a party.
  8. I really dont think you want those stats to back your argument. :wink:
  9. *scratches head*

10. Every day, more than 80 Americans die from gun violence. HERE

I'm not anti guns. I work with sporting shooters and other hunting organisations.
    I handed my guns in thanks to the Port Arthur massacre pr!ck but I don't want every loony thinking they have the right to own or carry again.
  11. I think you misunderstood my original statement.

The LDP said, "There is some evidence to show that, where gun ownership is high, crime involving actual or threatened violence is reduced."

I was disputing that claim, but it appears you thought I was backing it up.

Like you, I'm not anti-gun, just anti-everyone-should-have-one.
  12. :-w :rofl:
  13. Cool. :beer: they get my vote then even without reading their policies
  14. :beer:
  15. ok but I couldn't find anything relating to motorcycles... Am i looking in the wrong spot?
  16. i think they were going off the speed limit bits???
  17. As well as policies on not chasing "stupid" little offences.
    Like I said, as a protest vote if every rider / thier family voted this way, someone would take notice....
  18. I think There is one state in the states where if you own a gun you have to carry it (visible). And they have the lowest crime rate..... imagine, you do a bag snatch for example and you may have a weapon... but say 50% of the people on the street also have one... you might think twice.

Also the gun ownership rate in Canada is just nearly as high as the states and they have less crime so maybe it is the gun owners mentality that should be questioned not the actual ownership??
  19. I like the sound of this party :grin:

20. Just common sense that if I'm wearing a piece, Mr. Dropkick is less likely to attempt to want to rob me of my ipod/laptop/mobile phone, break into my home, sexually assault me or even carjack me knowing that by doing so he may end up with some perforated skin.

The States have many million more wankers than we have here though. So it's hard to draw a direct comparison.

Is there actual evidence to support their claim? I dare say there may be.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.