Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New bike for Seany!!!!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Seany, Sep 21, 2005.

1. Let me start by saying I have the worlds cheeziest grin right now.

After spending all of Monday and all of yesterday riding from one dealer to the next in Melb I couln't find a singe bike I would actually bother to buy. I had hoped to spend up to $2500 with trade in and find something reasonable but the best I could find was a damaged XJ that ran like shit.

Well, today I went to Bendigo. 1999 model Kwaka ER-5 for 5 grand. Test ride was sensational (especially having spent the 2hr trip up on the C8), 30,000ks, lots of um's and arr's from the dealer and myself to reach an agreement at 3 grand and the CB to ride away. :D :D :D

I get to pick it up at Friday lunchtime so I can bring it back for coffee night. :D The only problem is, what the hell do I do till Friday!!!? :? I want it now. :cry:
  2. Dont waitin suck :!:
    Large amounts of alcohol worked for me, how ever you do want to be sobber by friday :?:
    So maybe negative thoughts may help like have I brought a lemon, will it get me home?? :LOL: :LOL: :shock:
  3. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: not funny. :? :LOL:
  4. good onya mate, congrats..
  5. Congratulations Seany, look forward to seeing it on Friday :D
  6. Onya Seany, I've never seen one of those bikes, will be interesting to see on Friday :)
  7. Really? I couldn't stop sitting on it at the Expo. :D After sooooooo looooong on a CB 2fiddy, it just felt good. Test ride felt great!

Oh yeah, and it's a red one! :D
  8. congrats on the bike :)
  9. Yer, congrats on the bike AND on negotiating a good deal, that always makes you feel even better, doesn't it?

Hope you and the Kaw have lots of happy miles together.
  10. Congratulations!

I know 2 people who chose ER-5's as their learner bike (LAMS), and they've been really happy with them.

11. Nup. It's fcuking beautiful. This time, truely I am in love. :D

Shit it's a lot faster than my last Kwacka :shock: :twisted:
  12. Congrats Seany you will love the bigger bike esoecially on the run home you will notice a huge difference especially highway cruising.
    See if you can get yourself a flyscreen or a mini headlight fairing to make your ride a bit more comfortable as it will make a huge difference.
    This is the naked model right?
  13. Yes mate it's naked. I was thinking on the ride home a little windscreen might be nice but it sits so beautifully stable even when windy that compared to the CB it's a bloddy dream. Yeah, much better for hwy cruising too! :D :D :D I love the thing. Couldn't have spent my savings better if I tried. 8)

BTW I was only having a laugh in the perfume thread. Hope I didn't offend. [-o<

You'll see what I mean when you read it. 8) :LOL:
  14. that perfume thread is a cracker! :LOL:
  15. yeah, I thought it was appropriate. :D
  16. Congrats....

Cheers and many happy kms :D
  17. Dayam, I have missed this whole thread till now :(
    Didn't get to see the new toy last night either :(
    Seany, are you coming to the BBQ today? Would be great to check out your new baby :D
  18. congrats on the new bike.

I bet you don't miss cleaning those white wheels :D