Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New bike for me! (stepping it up a notch)

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by BJ, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Hey everyone, I just picked up my new bike :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
    2007 R1 with 3,500 k's. Looks like new, smells like new, goes like the clappers.

I was riding a hornet 600 for 2 years and really wanted to try something in the super sport area and I've always loved the R1's. So I sold my bike got some cash together and went looking. Needless to say one of the first ones i saw I bought because I fell in love with it and couldn't stop dreaming about it.

I've spent the last few hours riding it around and trying to get used to the different riding position and very different delivery of power. Feels great down low even though this is supposed to be its slow area... and then once you hit 7k it just goes warp factor and any form of law abiding speed disappears. This bike needs some serious wrist control, and that's not to say it is uncontrolled power it just makes these noises and feels so great it wants you to keep going and winding it out... :twisted:

I must say I love it already and it's good to know that this bike handles so far beyond my capabilities... looks like I need a track day to really get a feel for it.
    The paint is amazing and the white has so much pearl through it. It's going to take me awhile to really get used to it all but jeez I'm going to have some fun doing it.
    Cya out there!!
    :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
    Oh 2 quick pics attached below!!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
  2. great choice mate, me likes, enjoy the beast and dont forget wrist control :wink:
  3. Graduating from a great bike to a GREAT bike; but please, don't take it to the track and risk damaging that fabulous paintwork :).
  4. nice buy, enjoy
  5. Get race glass, then hit the track ;)

phong =P~
  6. Loving the XR5 Turbo.

Oh and the bike is nice too :LOL:
  7. ban JP, he said he loves cages :grin: :grin: :grin:
  8. lol. but wouldnt that make him a wanker for buying a 1000cc bike to ride around town as per most other threads? :p
  9. nice lookin bike you've got there :)

take it to the track - but don't do anything stupid :)
  10. Nice bike Sir, Welcome to the YZF family. All you need now are some mods to get the full potential out of her.
  11. Cheers JP. I've blown all my savings on my new car and my new bike :LOL: between both of them there's only 13,000 k's done

I do have a set of GYTR slip-ons that I bought a month ago cheap. So just need to take the time to actually stop riding the bike and put them on.
    The track day I'm looking at going to is the 19th of Feb and I'll be sitting in the beginner class just having a muck around, nothing too serious. I just want to be able to even give the throttle a half twist without having to scan the horizon for cameras or radar guns. I've got another 3 mates that havn't tracked before coming down and it's my first time even at the Island so should be a good experience.... and it will give those people who pass me a great feeling of... ooo i smashed that bloke on the r1 :grin:
  12. Good work mate, the track is a great place to learn.

And nice bike BTW, red and white is definately the best scheme for these :cool:
  13. Well done BJ, nice bike, best thing about those 06 and onwards bikes are that they all have mappable ECU's and additional modules to be able to get much better performance as well as handling, which can make a big difference to how the bike handles and performs on the road, good luck and enjoy!
  14. Dats Smexy!
  15. Congrats mate nice bike.

I've just stepped up aswell from a kwaka z750 to a k7 gsxr 750.

So i'm also enjoying the fantastic engine's power delivery, handling and getting used to cornering with the new ride position.

Superbikes are great machines!
  16. Yeah. Sex on wheels that is.
  17. Ohh to be Young and in love again :grin:
    Let's just hope the honeymoon last's for a while :grin: